Saturday, April 20, 2013

Workaholic Me- (I lost count of the number! :P)

I was depressed last weekend- not like, I-want-to-die depressed, but more like I-am-not-in-the-mood for anything depressed. As a result, I didn't do any homework or anything during the weekend, I missed my Tae Kwondo classes and so the week started with a back log of my house chores and homework. Not a good way to start a week I tell you!

So on Monday I handed in my SOLT (essay) paper  after a hasty 3 hour research. That reminds me, I have to check Black Board and see if Poosie (My very awesome Health teacher) has uploaded our marks. OMG OMG!!!! I can't believe this!! I got a 10!!! Out of 10!!!! THAT is soooo awesome!!! I am throwing away my laziness  behind, once and for all!!! Al'hamdhulillahi!

Well, my SOLT wouldn't print in the library so I had to ask for an Information Common staff to do it for me, which made me late for Maths class. Sue had already given out our papers from last week. So I had to wait till everyone else was doing their work till Sue gave me my paper.. And guess what? 50/50!!! I was sooo happy! I worked so hard at Maths because Francis Sir, my favourite teacher of all times made us do ALL the questions in the text book while all the other classes were doing just one or two questions from each exercise. Sue gave us a couple of questions from each exercise as well, but since I was so usedto doing all the questions, I did all the questions. But I got only 23.5/25 last time, because I did not simplify a surd (Sue said we weren't studying rationalising the denominator, so I just didn't think of simplifying the answer further!) and that was such a disappointment. But good news, I am back on track, baby!! :D

On Monday, we also did this Mental Assessment kind of thing to determine if we were depressed or not. And I got "extremely depressed" as a result. It was such a surprise! I am usually very very happy! Everyone who knows me would describe me as bubbly and stuff, but there it was, "Extremely Depressed"! It was a wake up call for me! I knew I had to pull myself together and go back to being the happy me! I missed the happy me! The result was, when I went  home on Monday, I was so happpy that I was actually skipping! Yeah, that's right! ;)

On Tuesday we had Chemistry Laboratory. We did Crystallisation and it was so fascinating to watch the very pretty crystals giving out rainbow colours, falling to the bottom of the test tube like snow!


 I was lazy again. I slept for 12 hours straight and ended up not doing the presentation for Health (who am I kidding? I never do Health presentation until the 2 hours break we get before class), but I did not even finish the Chemistry homework. So I woke up at 7 and did my Chemistry homework and went to class.
After Maths, we had Chemistry and Larry gave us our papers back. I got 48/50. It was such a disappointment because the mistakes that cost me my two marks were extremely idiotic!! 

Well, after Chem, I went to the Library with Gloria, who was my Health presentation partner for this week. She had already done her part for the presentation and it was now my turn to add my slides to it. I finished mine at 2.10pm and went to Godfrey Tanner Bar where the Drama Club, Quidditch Society and some other people were holding a Fanfiction Reading where they acted out FanFic scripts.

 It was so much fun! But in the middle of it, the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate Shortland Building. Such a pity! 

When I finally went to Health afterwards, there was something wrong with my thumb drive so my slides were not visible. Gloria presented her slides which she had a backup of in her thumb drive and I just blurted out the facts real quickly since I had no slides to show. *Sigh*

Wednesday night was super awesome! There was this Toga Party  and I did not know how to make a Toga out of my bedsheet. But I wrapped it around somehow and when I put on a belt, it didn't look too bad ;) The oh-so-sweet Liv helped me secure the Toga and she drove me to Bar on The Hill. 

There I had to wait in line for almost half an hour because the place was so packed! Apparently it was because Nina Las Vegas was the DJ.


While I was waiting in line, Felicie came up to me with a guy. She introduced us. He was from Liberia and was doing Bachelor of Science. So we waited in line together. After sometime, felicie got tired of waiting and she left. So it was just me and the guy. But we had so much fun! The DJ was soo awesome that you couldn't just stay still!! And he had some cool moves! We danced and danced and danced till our feet hurt! It was finally 12am when we stopped. But by then, the shuttle bus had stopped operating and I was literally stranded! But this guy, he was so sweet- he found a cab for me and gave me some money before rushing off to catch his bus into town. I didn't even check how much he gave me until I had to pay the cabbie. I gave the note and asked him if it was enough and he told me it was a 50! I knew I had to find the guy and give him back the rest of the money! But so far I haven't found him yet! 

Well, on Thursday, we had Health lecture on Depression and a little bit of Maths and an English test which was all about Grammar and I hadn't practised at all! I know it would be a total disaster! But no point in crying over spilled milk, so I am not going to! 

Thursday night I had this extremely severe pain in my hands which later radiated to my arms. I had to washdown 3 Panamax with water before I could finally fall asleep. I went to the Uni Health Services on Friday morning to see a doctor, as the nurse I called the night before has advised me to. I was there for so long that I missed my IT class- one of my favourite classes because Sandra always lets us get online from Facebook and stuff. We had this Powerpoint Presentation on Friday, so I texted Gloria and asked her to let Sandra know that I couldn't make it because I was at the Doctor's! I was so looking forward to that presentation because i was going to talk about beautiful places tourists MUST visit in Maldives! ;) Well, I guess I have to wait till next Friday.

Also, Thursday turned out to be one of my coolest friends' B'day, although I was under the impression it was Friday ;)

I finished watching Merlin on Friday night! Spoiler alert to those who haven't watched it yet. Arthur died! He frikking died! I cried, because it was just too sad! :(

So the whole of Saturday I spent watching Penn 1600 which is a comedy about the First Family. It is such an awesome series, and the airing date of the 13th episode of Season 1 was March 2013. I do hope they continue it, but it looked like it had ended- the ending was happy!

Then I started watching 2 Broke Girls, which is another hilarious series about 2 poor girls (one was a rich-turned-poor-recently girl) trying to make ends meet and they have big dreams of a cupcake company! 

I also succeeded 1/3 in cleaning my laptop and deleting all the unwanted stuff! It is pretty slwo because I don't want to delete any pictures so I had to first upload all the pictures to Facebook before I could delete any of them and my Internet connection was super slow since I watched so many series these days and apparently that "ate the bandwidth" or something! I do not know these IT terms! ;)

Well, that is how my last week went! 

I seriously should start working on my chemistry homework questions and laboratory report, which are due on Tuesday, catch up with the backlog of Maths homework, study for the Health exam on Wednesday, read my English article and catch up on my house chores and grocery shopping! Phew! So much to do and so little time! I must away! 
Toodles! Everyone take care and be safe! Keep smiling! xD

2 comments:

  1. wow, seems like you had an eventful week. :D I would love to attend a Toga party. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome to join me next year! :D

      Delete